FETTY WAP CHOPS IT UP WITH ANGIE MARTINEZ OVER AT POWER 105.1
Fetty Wap dropped by The Angie Martinez Show in the AT&T Studio on Wednesday, where he answered questions from Angie herself and fans on Twitter! Here’s what we learned from the 24-year-old ‘Trap Queen’ artist:
1. Fetty’s got a low key personality, so he had to adjust to his newfound fame. He told Angie that although he prepared for it, it did take some adjusting, so he’s taking it “one step at a time.”
2. He’d love to collaborate with Taylor Swift, Brandy, Keyshia Cole, Nicki Minaj and Chris Brown someday.
3. He doesn’t consider the music he makes “Hip Hop” – he calls it “Fetty Wap Music.”
4. Fetty just met the Rihanna earlier this week at a show. He introduced himself to RiRi at a club where she was turning up during his performance! He didn’t try to reconnect with Rihanna, since she’s “already famous” and he’s still a “regular” person.
5. What is the real story with his eye injury, since it’s now become a part of his signature look? Fetty revealed it was a childhood condition, and he wore a prosthetic eye for up to two months before he did the ‘Trap Queen’ video, and he decided to take it out. Now that it’s out, it’s never coming back.
6. Fetty’s first time flying on a plane was on his way to LA for a work event!
7. Because of his eye condition, he never thought he’d be able to drive. He winded up passing the test and discovered a love for driving…everywhere. Seriously – Fetty told Angie he will take out $3,000 for gas and go for a drive until he runs out of money.
8. Fetty never had a pair of Jordans – when he because successful, he bought his first pair at 22 – and now has 600 of ’em!
9. He wouldn’t call himself a “rap fan” – never listened to New York rappers, and can’t recite lyrics word-for-word the way some fans would. However, he DOES know about Jay Z and Nas, of course.
10. His favorite rapper is Gucci Mane.
- Previous SHY GLIZZY FT. THE GLIZZY GANG – ‘GET GO’
- Next NADIA TALKS: WOMEN ARE PLAYING HARDER IN THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY