MEET THE ARTIST INTERVIEW: RALO
- Ralo is a very unique name. Where did you get that name from?
Ralo was my Stepfather name, he took good care of my mom and our family. He was killed, making a living for us. The name just stuck with me and everyone called me Lil Ralo or Young Ralo, the rest is history.
- What age did you start your music career?
I started my music career a year ago, at 24. I was never a rapper growing up like my brother Young Scooter and the other music artist I known.
- What is the most important component that contributes to your success?
The most important component to my success was and will always be, remaining Ralo, I’m not trying to be someone I’m not. The things I make music about is my everyday life. My fan are quoting my life story in real time.
- Where do you see yourself going in the next few years?
I see myself building a bigger brand and signing some new artist to my Famerica label. I want to travel the world with my music.
- Tell us a little bit about your music background?
I love music, I was never a rapper though. I started rapping a year ago when I was released from prison. I really did all this music stuff to get back at my ex girlfriend, who loved Future. And now my music is everywhere and I’m getting paid to perform.
- I see you’re from a neighborhood in ATL called “The Bluff”. Tell me what it’s like there?
Yes I’m from the Bluff, it is a roughest neighborhood in Atlanta and a lot of people are forgotten there. Its a lot of abandon homes, homeless individual and drugs in the area.
- “Can’t Lie” is your latest single. Tell me how long did it take you to layout the song from start to finish?
Dog Food is my latest single featuring my brother Future. Can’t Lie helped waved the way for my career. It was like the introduction to my world. It take about an hour to do my verse and Future heard it and he laid down the hook from what I was saying. And Can’t Lie a smash hit later.
- What was it like collaborating with Future?
It was epic, he’s a big influence and I appreciate the love from my brother.
- Who’s you’re biggest inspiration in Hip Hop?
I feel Birdman is the biggest inspiration in Hip Hop.
- Do you think Biggie and Pac paved the way in Hip Hop for a lot of these new artists today including yourself?
Yes of course. They paved the way for the culture.
FACTS ABOUT RALO THAT YOU DIDN’T KNOW:
- His single Can’t Lie Ft Future is number #6 in the nation on Urban Indie Charts
- The month of September DjServicePack.com named single number 1.
- Can’t Lie has been streamed over 300,000 times via iTunes and Google Play.
- Ralo has only been doing music full time for one year.
- Dropping his 2nd mixtape on Thanksgiving titled “Diary of the Streets”
- Ralo turned a Atlanta gang into a local foundation helping the children of his community as known as “The Bluff”
- Thanksgiving day Ralo’s new project “Diary of the Streets had over 200,000 downloads via mixtape apps.
- During the Thanksgiving holiday Ralo donated 100 turkeys to families of the community he grow up in.
- Previous NEW MUSIC: KID CANNON – ‘SUPERSTAR’
- Next EVERY MUSIC ARTIST WONT MAKE IT IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY & HERE IS WHY