MEET THE ARTIST: KEY2THAGAME
1. Where are you from?
2.What made you relocate to California and how much different is it from living back home in Louisiana?
Well i got family in California so i got the opportunity to come out, so i did and stayed and its been home ever since. Its a lot different, for one its way bigger then Louisiana and the opportunities are unlimited out here. Being in the music industry, this is where you want to be.
3. What’s the meaning behind Keyz2thagame?
It means i got the Keys to the game, the music game or whatever game you in. If you got it locked, you got the Keyz to the game.
4. Being in the music industry, what is the most important thing you have learned as an artist?
Work your ass off and expect nothing from no one the only way you fail is if you quit.
5. What type of music did you grow up listening to?
I grew up old the Blues and a lot of church music but i was jamming nothing but Ice Cube NWA KRS-ONE BIG L SCARFACE and more through my speakers.
6. From your first song you ever recorded to now, do you feel like you have evolved as an artist?
I know i have evolved my first song i ever recorded was freestyle so from there to now yes indeed i have.
7. What is one advice you have for other underground artists trying to break into the music industry?
Work work work work be able to take criticism and build off it.
8. What motivates you everyday?
All those that said i wouldn’t couldn’t and just my passion for my art and what i love to do.
9. Name a few artists you wish to collaborate with in the future.
Ace Hood, Boosie, Wiz Khalfia, Snoop Dogg, Beanie Segal, Nipsey Hussle, T.I, Meek Mills, Joe Moses
10. RANDOM QUESTION: We have all had bad relationship breakups before. Tell us about your worse breakup and do you still talk to her now?
My worst break up was in 12th grade and she had to move back to Hawaii and we lost all contact after that.
11. Tell us about your next album? When will your fans be able to hear it?
My next album is called ‘’Lead By Example’’ dropping September 14th. I’ve been prepping for this one since December of last year. I’m taking my time so i can deliver quality work to my fans. This will be my first actual album so i want to make sure this is my diamond. My fans can expect that good music on the album and real stories that we all can relate to. I can’t wait to give it to the World.
- Previous SHHHH! TYGA’S ALLEGED MISTRESS BREAKS HER SILENCE
- Next NEW MUSIC: RICH HOMIE QUAN – “BREAK A TABLE”